Tuesday, March 09, 2010

{the way God works...}

You know the old saying God works in mysterious ways...but thinking about that I don't think its mysterious, its exactly what we need!
This past weekend was crazy busy...which is a blessing( as I am pushing forward with my passion to work with my photography full time, which allows for me to be home with the girls) because it shows me that my hard work is paying off, Ashley Photography is growing! In fact in just the last week and a half I have booked 3 weddings :)
So with that being said I had an unfortunate circumstance occur this past weekend as I was working an event...another photographer acted very poorly towards me, though this person does not know me she chose to speak negatively about me and my talents...and it just keeps digging in to me, to be honest I am having a hard time letting it go! I actually would love to shout from the roof tops this persons name, but I know that won't get me anywhere...so this morning as I sat down to do a devotional I opened my bible and starring up at me in blaring yellow highlighter was this verse:
"Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character,
come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning..."
1 corinthians 15: 33-34

Yup, I think God was talking to me...although I had only discussed this matter with my best friends and family, I am still sinning and I allowed her actions to affect mine, I should have forgave the other for her actions immediately and moved on...but that is hard, not of human nature...I should have prayed as the situation unfolded instead of waiting till my heart was hardened...lessons learned. So this morning as I reflect on my actions I pray that God strengthens me to be better the next time!

Gotta run, we are going to be late for gymnastics!

since the blog is better with pics here are my babies:


sky
ari
buster
bruiser


blessings,

ash

No comments: