Thursday, March 04, 2010

{FPU & some prayer requests}

I am so excited that Chris and I have made the decision to start the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Classes...they consist of 13 weeks of study and group discussion. I went to the TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER last week and it was awesome to see Dave live, totally a motivator! So last night we started...
Somethings that we are excited about: to be on the same page financially, (we have never been far apart but I tend to be on page 10 with Chris on page 5, ya he hates reading :) ), to establish a solid budget that we both agree to and stick to it, to be DEBT free, to not let money or lack there of control our lives....
I will keep you all updated as to how its going, sometimes it may not be pretty...but in the end I know we will conquer. We are excited to have already accomplished step 1 of the seven steps, step 2 will take us a little longer - pay off all debt but the house, but we are hoping that with in 7-8 months that will be accomplished.
Our assignment for this week : BUDGET! Sounds fun huh? honestly I think this will be the hardest, we are going to be following the envelope system... and the when its gone its gone mentality must prevail.
After the last year this is so refreshing, to be on the rebound, headed in the right direction...no going back!

*my last thought for the day: I covet your prayers for a friend, her daughter and the rest of her family...they have had a very difficult year and were given some heartbreaking news on Monday. Their sweet baby girl may only have days left here with them. Please pray that she is comfortable and pain free, please pray for her siblings that there maybe understanding, please pray for her mommy and daddy as they cherish these days, allow them continued strength...

The other day I heard Carrie Underwoods "Temporary Home"...it is a beautiful song, and I absolutely love the lyrics, here is the chorus:

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

It is comforting that as christians we KNOW this is true, not only this world is temporary, but remember so are situations...

blessing,
ash

1 comment:

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

You have a way with words and pictures. I look forward to seeing what Gos has planned for our lives. I will cont to pray along with you for the two babies you have mentioned recently. I know God's plans are hard sometimes but we must trust in him. Have a Blessed week Ash.
Chrissy