Tuesday, March 16, 2010

childhood sayings revisited

Growing up my family had a theme song (doesn't every family): "You can't always get What you Want" by The Rolling Stones. As a child my siblings and I were never to amused when we would ask for something and mom & dad would break in to their best rock and roll performance (real embarrassing when you are in public) then as we would sigh and dramatically proclaim, 'it's not fair', their response was "LIFE IS NOT FAIR"......

The funny thing is, although I know its true I still, as an adult, don't like the saying! On this beautiful sunny morning I am so thankful, God has blessed me beyond measure and I am so incredibly grateful.
However, I want to stomp around screaming 'its not fair'; its not for me, its for those who are hurting deeper than I ever have. Two wonderful, faithful, God fearing families that are hurting...2 precious babies and their families...I know that God is holding them tight, surrounding them with his steadfast love. Their strength that is so mesmerizing is from he who created us, their endurance is from our great God, and their faith is from these.
So although I don't think its fair, I can accept that God has a plan, his hand is in this, he sees the big picture and I will trust in his vision.

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of the deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. Psalm 18:32-35

So as we go about our day, remember the big guy's got your back!
He will bless us with what we need, he knows.

see whats beautiful today,

:ash:

No comments: