Wednesday, July 16, 2008

18 months old with serious attitude!

Last week Friday Skylar had her 18 month old well child check up, it seems crazy that she is a child /toddler and not a baby now. She checked out great! She now weighs 23 lbs. which puts her into the 35% for weight and she is a tall 33 inches, 83% for height! She is constantly on the move running and jumping, talking your ear off. As it says in the toddler books, her favorite word continues to be NO, even when she means YES (we know this because she shakes her head YES as she shouts NO). And when Skylar means NO you will definitely know! At this point she says so many words probably over 100, and any word she does not usually say if you ask her to repeat it she will. She loves animals and can tell you what most animals are and what noise they make. (Last night she pointed to a picture in my dad's office and told me it was an elk, seriously a smart little girl...she doesn't know the noise they make yet, grandpa is teaching her her the say "shoot me" I think he wants a hunting partner) Skylar also knows most all of her fruits. And she is calling her Aunts and Uncles by name ( well at this point she thinks Haley is also called Boo, but I think she just does that to get Hales, otherwise she calls Haley ~HaHa.)
She is also very fascinated with motorcycles, she truly is her fathers daughter! Whenever we are driving around she will spot them like a hawk and yell "Mo-Mor" until I acknowledge the motorcycle then she'll say brroom-brroom! Oh and another thing she is not really into having her picture taken...hmmm wonder why, so instead of a sweet smiling 18 mo old Skylar this is what you get.....


She is an absolute joy to be around. And even though her attitude can conflict with my ideas of what we will be doing, I enjoy all of my time with her, and besides its just a phase right...( i know i know this may last a couple or twenty years).
I am going to try to get her 18 mo pics done this weekend, maybe attitude permitting:)

2 comments:

DeGroot Family said...

Still no date set, but it's a work in progress. it's a complicated story and most don't understand it (including me sometimes), but I will definitely let you know. honestly, we may end up doing a small destination wedding, but everything is up in the air right now. as far as chicago goes, ask Chris and see what he thinks. i know saturday would be tough because that is the day of the reception and there is lots of family stuff. if he is up for sunday, i'll check with my mom and find out.

Mindy and Sean said...

Wow! It sounds like Skylar has grown A LOT since Sean and I have last seen her! Hopefully we'll be able to see her (and you and Chris) again soon! I'm anxious to see her most recent pics.