Tuesday, February 16, 2010

thankful...

today i am writing with a heavy heart...i learned earlier today of serious diagnosis for a friends child! my heart breaks for them as they seek God's guidance, strength and faith. it is truly unimaginable, in an instant your world is turned upside down! as a mother you always want to keep your babies safe and allow all their dreams to come true...but what if you can't...
i am so thankful for the gift of my baby girls; however, there are times that I feel like screaming or crying or being whisked away to some far off exotic island...i am sure other moms have these moments too...and they are ok completely natural feelings...but when i hear of another mothers darkest fear becoming a reality, i feel guilty that I have been so frustrated with my healthy children...they are only acting as children do. I really don't think that Skylar and Ari devised a plan to torment me or make mess upon mess.
As another friend wrote on her blog and it sticks with me: we should be thankful that they are able to play outside and track mud in on our freshly mopped floors, that they are able to eat and spill their dinner on the floor, that they are able to voice/yell and reason their opinions because it means they are able to speak and understand...there are so many more instances that we encounter through out this journey of motherhood and we have a choice...when you hit the breaking point will you crumble or will you see the beauty in the situation for what it is... it is a constant decision, choose BEAUTIFUL! we need to remember to relish in each new day and moment, they are gifts from our wonderful creator...God is good !
so i did not write today just to ramble, as I make a conscious decision to choose beautiful I am going to try to better document our crazy beautiful lives...i used to be so good at updating and then it fell by the wayside and my excuse was 'its busier with 2' and when in fact it is, its not a valid excuse. I do have at least 2 ~ 15 minute periods every week to fill you all in on the beauty we are experiencing, life may not be perfect but its our perfect...i am not promising pictures (ok ok there will be some pictures) but at least i will update.
so here's to life...let's be thankful for what is our beauty!

2 comments:

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

Ashley you are great. I just finished updating my blog and thought I would see if yours has been updated and it was. It was so perfect. It totally went along with mine and that I want to document more and be intentional about what I am doing. I love your statement life is not perfect but it's our perfect. You are s right. You go girl. I look forwarding to reading your updates! Have a great night