Wednesday, March 18, 2009

lessons taught ... then learned?

For all of you parents out there, you can appreciate how sometimes our lessons come right back at us! I'm sure you can all relate to a moment where something comes out of your child's mouth (that you said) that you never
thought they were paying attention to...(thank goodness this is a clean one :)
_____________________________________________________________
I'm sure there are many things that I say like I am stuck on the replay button, one of which sorry to say is to my wonderful hubby...I try not to nag but the clothes hamper is right there in the bathroom. It may just be a 'man' thing, because everyday he puts his clothes on the floor next to the hamper, I don't know maybe he thinks it is full, maybe sometimes it really is. But I have tried to not nag about it and just hope that some day maybe in our future he would put his clothes in it. I guess it really does not matter if the clothes are in the hamper or not, its just my thing, you know?
So (this is where it gets me) last week as I was getting ready to get in the shower, I removed my clothes and just left them on the floor (I was going to put them in the hamper after my shower, I swear)...my very smart and very attentive 2 year old came in sighed (yes for real) and started putting my clothes in the hamper, then looked at me and said "mommy you pick them up, put in here!"
WOW, a couple of things...so even when they don't seem to be listening, they are (I am sure this goes for Chris too); if I preach it I must follow through, all the time (great overall life lesson, huh?); and I must sigh to much or way to dramatically (because Sky had it down pat)!
I love that parenthood puts life in to perspective for me on a daily basis...reinforces things I know to be true, is always shining light on new truths, and never ceases to amaze me how my little girl's smile can make the day so much better, its like God's rainbow for parents. God has given me an amazing gift in being a mom, He is good!


Skylar I love you so much thank you for being such an amazing little girl!!

No comments: