Friday, October 10, 2008

What's new with us...


Ok, so I know it has been forever since I have posted, we've been busy! I have had a couple of wedding so far this fall with another tomorrow and one more in November. Then some family shoots and senior pictures on top of work life is busy!
Thankfully we had a great year at Win Rec, record sales, which in the current economy is such a blessing! But I am very glad the season is coming to a close as it will be nice to have more time with Chris. I think he is ready for a break he worked his but off again this year! We have big plans for next season so we will have a busy winter restructuring and working through those details but we are both super excited about the future of the company!
Skylar is doing great. She definitely has personality plus! I think if you look up drama queen in the dictionary you may find her picture. She is talking all the time, she is very bossy, she does not like to be told no, and she has her independent streak but loves her cuddle time! We are truly blessed with an amazing little girl!
The pregnancy is going well. Its hard to believe that I am almost 6 months!!! Yeah for being more than half way! Since I have passed the horrible nausea I had in the beginning things have been pretty smooth sailing. I have had to deal with migraines (*horrible*)but luckily those seem to be coming less frequently. Baby girl seems to be a mover (which she'll need to be if she plans on keeping up with her older sister), she is most active at night as I am trying to go to sleep.We did have another ultrasound last week and she is looking good, she kinda looks like Skylar, I think. She is measuring a little small but still not enough to change the due date! I think that the due date will be here before we know it, with the holidays fast approaching, time will fly!!
We are planning on starting the nursery in a few weeks, but I still have not completely flinished Skylar's room so Chris and I need to do that first! We also have to start looking for a 'big girl' bedroom set for SKylar because we would like to have her out of the crib before the baby comes so that we do not need to buy another crib.I am not sure how she will do but thats why we are going to start introducing the idea to her before thanksgiving hopefully so that she has plenty of time to decide it is a Fun thing.
That pretty well wraps things up, we are looking forward to winter and the approaching ski season, so as always when the snow starts to fly the invite is out for visitors to Caberfae!!

**my girlfriend Kelly took that fantastic picture of Skylar and me**

2 comments:

Jason, Meghan, Mac, Jayce and Macy VandenHout said...

Glad to hear everything is going well with you guys. We are trying to get everything done in the boys room too, so we can move Jayce in with Mac and start on the girl nursery. We would like to get this done prior to the holiday's too. After that we only have a couple weeks til our little girls are here! YEAH!!!!

DeGroot Family said...

Wow, it sounds like things are going great with you guys. Praise the Lord everything is going so well with this pregnancy. I am so excited to follow your progress. Things are good with us...definitely busy. Things with Dustin and I are great...praise the Lord on that front, too. We are starting to talk about wedding dates, so I will definitely keep you posted. When are you due again? Right now, we are talking about the end of March. I'll let you know when I know for sure.