Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Skylar's got a secret....


Yes that is right baby #2 is on the way! This pregnancy has been a rough go so far, I have been very sick. I was actually off work for 3 1/2 weeks because I couldn't keep anything down (I lost 15 lbs.) and my doctor put me on IV treatments (min. of 3 times per week) that was not my idea of a fun time...but the good news is for the last week things seem to be getting better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! And I am slowly gaining the weight back, don't worry I will most likely more than make up for the early weight loss :)
So far everything with the baby is great. We did have an early ultra sound to make sure things were on track for development (everything was great), that was at 8 weeks and we heard the heart beat good and strong, then at 12 weeks we heard the heart beat again (such a relief) and it was a strong 164 beats per minute. So bets are out boy or girl? Chris is pretty sure it is another girl, I go back and forth. I honestly don't care boy or girl as long as he or she is healthy I will be one happy mama! We should find out the sex of the baby in mid Sept. so stay posted...wouldn't it be cruel if we found out then kept that little secret to ourselves, ya'll better be nice or we might just do that:) (not that we would be able to hold out for very long!)
I will be 14 weeks on Thursday with a due date the first week of Feb. But Dr. Murphy has promised to closely monitor things the last month because he doesn't want me to go into labor on my own (he will schedule a induction), if this baby is anything like its big sister we had better be at the hospital, Chris DOES NOT want to deliver the baby, nor do I want him to!!! So Baby Hansen will be here sometime end of Jan - beginning of Feb.

6 comments:

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Congrats my dear. Many prayers for you that everything continues to go well. :)

Mindy and Sean said...

Chris, Ash, and Skylar,
We're excited to finally be able to publicly congratulate you on your pregnancy. We are praying that things only get better from here!

The Hedstrom Family said...

Congrats you guys! So excited for you and Skylar...she will make a great big "Sissie" You are in our prayers!

Carlson's said...

congrats. That is great news, what fun. Glad you are feeling better, it will be all worth it when you see that little face. :)

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy to hear that Baby #2 is growing well and hope that you continue to feel better. Congrats again!

The Burkholder Family said...

Congratulations you three!! That is so exciting. I had no idea. I am so glad that all is going well...finally . Lots of prayers are coming your way.