Thursday, January 17, 2008

Up...Downs... & Gratefulness


This week has been a whirlwind...I have had 3 extremely busy days at work (working 10+hours, actually worked almost 13 on Monday!), an unruly 1 year old, and an absentee husband (he had to go to Vegas for work).

This short experience has made me see life through the eyes of a single parent and man has it made me grateful that I have a wonderful husband and I don't have to go through life alone! I cannot even imagine doing IT ALL on my own, it amazes me that so many women (a big hand goes out to both my mom and Christopher's mom, as they were single mother's through some of the tough years) live their lives like this...I know that we must take what life gives us and make the most of it but I just can't even imagine. Being a parent is such an amazing experience of highs (the amazing joy of watching your child grow, develop her own personality, and figure out life), and of course lows (a screaming 1 year old that can not be consoled, feeling helpless when you can not take the pain of an ouchie away, the feeling that there are not enough hours in the day), each and every moment is so much better when you have someone to share it with. So with that said ... I am even more grateful and thankful for love, friendship and support of my husband, God is good!
We love and miss you Daddy!

Remember to not take your loved ones for granted, to be thankful for any help that you get, and remember even on a tough day that there are other parents that due to their circumstances have a lot more to deal with and they do.... be grateful and thankful that God has blessed you with the situation that he has!

No comments: