Friday, January 12, 2007

What a miracle!


We had an incredible expirience with Skylar's birth. The prayers that everyone said for us were awesome, God blessed us with a quick and wonderful delivery and a beautiful, healthy baby girl. We really couldn't have asked for things to go any better.
We were admitted to the hospital on Tuesay night at 8:30pm to begin the induction process, we started the medication to 'cure the cervix' at about 11pm, they told us that would take 12 hours and then the pitocin would start on Wednesday.
On Wednesday morning Dr. Murphy came to see us at 9 am and said things looked good so we started the pitocin...he said he would probably see us early evening, so we were planning on a long day... The nurse had told me to let her know when the contraction got too painful and they would check to see if things were progressing good and then I could get the epidural. So at about 1:15pm (of course Chris was out of the room getting lunch) and all the sudden things got pretty intense, so he got back up there and at about 1:30 pm the nurse said that I was dilated to a 4 and that she thought that after the epidural they would break my water, Dr.Murphy agreed...so by 2:10 pm I was getting the epidural, I was numb by 2:30 pm and at about 2:45 pm my water was broke and I was dilated to 5 cm...They told us it would probably be about 5 hours or so but could be a lot longer, at that point I did not care, I could not feel anything so I was happy...At about 3:30 pm I asked Chris to get the nurse because I was feeling a lot of pressure, no pain but she had said she would need to know if there was a lot of pressure....So when she checked me she was as surpeised as us to find out that I was dilated to 9 1/2 cm and Skylar was at a +2 station (one step away from being out!) So she ran off to call the Dr and just told me to lay still and DO NOT move....She came back and said I need to wait at least 10 minutes for Dr.Murphy...I kept telling her it felt like Skylar was just going to fall out, so she said cross my legs and don't cough or anything! Dr. Murphy ran in at 3:53 pm, we got set up and 3 contractions and 6 pushes later, at 4:02 pm Skylar Ashlyn Hansen arrived weighing in at 7 lbs. 4 oz and 19 inches long.
She is amazingly beautiful, lots of blonde hair (mostly on the back and sides of her head) and big blue eyes (not that she has had them open much except between the hours of 12 am and 4 am) She is more perfect than we could have ever imagined.
We can't wait to share her with all of you!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

ash - she's beautiful!! Congratulations.

Unknown said...

congrats to you and chris! she is beautiful baby! and you look great so soon after giving birth!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Job well done my dear. What a joy and I'm just so happy that things went that well for you. What a blessing and she is absolutly beautiful. Chris, ya done good. :P She's a looker, you better watch out in about 16 years!! There are WAY too many boys vs. girls. :)

On a side note, thank you so much for the card and book. I can't tell you what that ment to me.

Take care, and many blessings to you guys! HAVE FUN! Being a parent is such a gift.